Monday, May 18, 2009

Cheezy Pasta


Well, I'm honestly not really sure what to call this one. Ever since I learned that nutritional yeast has 8 grams of protein for 2 Tbsp, I have been trying to add it in every day. I don't have many good protein sources, so I really need to work at getting adequate amounts in.

1/2 box pasta of choice (about 8 oz.) cooked in salted water
4 Tbsp. smart balance light
5 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
1/2 tsp. onion powder
salt to taste
3 Tbsp. dairy free milk

Combine all together with hot pasta and stir well to combine. Very tasty with a slight "cheesy" taste. My 4 year old loved the 1st time I made but balked the 2nd. Who can keep up with their tastes!

1 comment:

  1. What is nutritional yeast exactly and where can I find it? My kid is 3 weeks and I'm starting the TED to figure out if he has MSPI issues. oct0br@hotmail.com
    The second "o" in oct0br is a zero. Thanks for your time.

    ReplyDelete