Sunday, December 21, 2008

Fried Potatoes

Basic TED

The one thing on the TED that I LOVE! I'm a fried potato fan, and I have perfected them after eating every morning for the last 13 weeks! Wow, that's a lot of fried potatoes :-) (91 servings to be exact....)

2 large potatoes
sea salt
olive oil

Using a scrubby sponge or brush and some dish soap, very, very thoroughly scrub potatoes until they look sparkling clean. Pierce several times with a knife and place in microwave. Using microwave setting for potatoes, cook until done. Place in freezer until they are cool to the touch. Cut into 1/2 inch cubes. Meanwhile, heat 2-3 Tbsp. of olive oil in a large skillet. We have an old electric skillet that I crank up to 400. (But I don't think it really gets to 400, so watch carefully if you are cooking that high!) Once the oil is rippling on the surface, add in the potatoes and let SIT for several minutes. Don't stir. Sprinkle with sea salt. After a good crust has formed, flip/stir until nicely browned on most sides.

I couldn't resist and had mine with ketchup. Which Noah tolerated, so then I knew I could have tomato and small amounts of vinegar. I also enjoyed some lite canned peaches, and there is a slice of my quinoa rice bread with sunbutter and blueberry pomegranate preserves. Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment