Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Quinoa Carrot Puree

Basic TED

Early on the TED I felt like I needed to get nutrients in any way I could. So I created this puree that I added to all my soups, and even really enjoyed with rice pasta and tomato sauce. It added a sweetness to the acid of the tomatoes that really toned down the pasta sauce.

I large carrot, peeled and cut into chunks
1 cup cooked quinoa
1/2 cup water

Steam the carrot until soft, then place in blender with quinoa and water and process until a thick puree forms.

This holds in the fridge for a week, or can be frozen in ice cube trays to be pulled out and used whenever desired. It nicely thickens vegetable soup, and adds all the health benefits of a carrot, as well as the great protein of the quinoa.

No comments:

Post a Comment